Condition of entry: any images entered into club competitions may be used on the club web site or during club battles. (This does not affect the rights of individual members who may choose to enter MCPF/PAGB competitions as a member of another club. Members’ signatures will be required each year – December – to give WHCC permission to use such work in MCPF/PAGB competitions. These events are separate to club battles.)
Scoring: 1st – 20 points; 2nd – 19 points; 3rd – 18 points; Highly Commended (HC) – 17 pts.; Commended (c) – 16.
Digital images (4 rounds) & prints (4 rounds) plus mono print comp.
There will be separate awards for each class (general & advanced) in both the digital & print competitions. (N.B. ‘Advanced class’ - for authors who have achieved consistently high marks in previous years.) N.B. Some authors may be advanced digital workers but remain in the 'general' class for prints.
• MCPF guidelines for Digital Imaging state that “It is essential that authorship of all the original image(s) is the entrants”. Any modification of the original image must be made by the author, or under his/her personal direction. The original image must be made by the author, on photographic emulsion, or acquired with a digital imaging source.
• Any entry for which a mark is awarded may not be used in any subsequent competition, in any form (or part there of). For example, any image scoring in one competition (e.g. as a digital image or mono print) is then ineligible for the other competitions (i.e. open print). Entries which are not awarded a mark may be entered in up to three subsequent competitions – e.g. an ‘unmarked’ print may be entered subsequently as a print or digital image or mono print.
Print competitions – From 2018 there will be 4 open print competitions throughout the year, plus one mono print competition.
• A Maximum of 5 prints in the 'OPEN PRINT' competition (in either general and advanced sections); prints may be colour or mono or a mixture of each.
• Prints must be mounted on card and the size of the mount must not exceed 20 by 16 (inches). They must be titled and show the author’s name and the class in which they are entered (A or G) on the back. It is a good idea to write WHCC on the back. Please write title, name and WHCC in the top left corner on the back of the print.
The annual mono print trophies will be awarded following one round of competition, separate to the open print comp.
Digital Images –
• max. 5 entries.
• should be in jpeg format. Please title: name%title.jpg
• Please note: images must be sized - width max. 1600 pixels, height max. 1200
Judges are asked to 'score' 9 images per competition at their own discretion.
Anyone handling members’ work should always take the necessary steps to avoid loss or damage. No responsibility for loss or damage is accepted by the Judge or the committee.